Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ride with Ronald

I am over feeling sorry for myself!! Not running this week has affected me much more than I would care to admit. It is only now that I realize how much I depend on having it in my life. It calms me. It helps me sort of my life. It allows me time to dream. It is like a best friend to me.
Today I must move forward and move on. Not just by typing it in a blog but really doing so. My workouts have been far from normal this week. I even skipped yoga in protest to not being able to run. Now all of this now seems silly but it was in fact where I found myself.
So with that I will get my butt moving again today. Back to having focus and moving forward. I am even considering doing a 40k Cycling event April 5th.

It has been since last summer since I had my bike on the actual road but I think I will be fine. The event is for a great cause and I need something to push me over this hump.

Today I have another PT appointment. My homework is going great. Still some slight knee pain with stairs but nothing during the night. Progress! I will take whatever I can get. It took me time to create this IT Band issue so I must give it time to recover. Always learning!!

Robin

11 comments:

Wes said...

Ummmmm... See if you can find a swim event too ;-) Glad to hear you are making progress. This WILL make you stronger!!

RunnerGirl said...

The Run with Ronald sounds fun!

Mendy said...

If we weren't doing the CRB run, we'd probably (at least one of us) do that ride! Sounds like fun and you should be fine with all the cardio endurance you have. It should be a blast and you get to do it with Jackie and Eric!

PF Changs soon?

J~Mom said...

The ride sounds awesome! One of the reasons I started cycling was when my quad was injured. It's a great way to let off some of that steam! :>)

zanne said...

oh boy - i totally know all about skipping other cross training workouts in protest ... if i couldn't run, then i didn't want to do anything. it takes a while to come around -- i'm excited to be back on the bike & even though my knee seems to be progressing in the right direction, i'm sticking with the bike - think i need to add more days and make it a permanent thing (as opposed to turning to the bike to get through an injury) i think i'll be proactive and use it to alleviate any future running injuries. you've turned a bit of a corner in the whole recovery phase - sick of your own whining & moving on (i got sick to death of myself) ... there is a point at which you pick yourself up, dust yourself off & say, "ok, what now?". have fun on your bike ... i'm going for a ride this afternoon with my husband and a friend - looking forward to it like i look forward to runs now! a 40k ride sounds great!

jen said...

Yay progress!! :) You should defintely do the Ronald Ride. Sounds fun! Great job on the homework and keep smiling.

Marathoner in Training said...

Go for the Ronald. Running is my medication to keep me sane. Well, ok it only makes me look sane, but don't tell anyone.

Chris said...

Rock on with the bike Robin!! You know, this is just God's way of diversifying your endurance portfolio!! :-)

Scott McMurtrey said...

be careful, as silly as ronald looks he is super ruthless on a bike. ;)

Unknown said...

I know exactly where you are coming from about running being such a calming affect on me. It's brutal when you can't do it and nothing is the same as the simplicity of running.

However, it is nice to see that you are putting something on the calendar to keep you working out until you can get back to the roads and trails. Have fun with it.

Dana said...

Glad to hear that your knee is progressing along w/ your outlook on this.