Thursday, March 19, 2009

Movin Up

Two great training weeks… what more could a girl ask for?

Scott and I joined the Spinners Group for our ride on Tuesday as planned. Long story short… next week we are moving up in pace group. Sure we may get dropped somewhere along the route but what won’t kill you will make you stronger. The fact is that we were not pushed at all this week. I want to be pushed. I want my legs to talk to me when I get off my bike. I want this ride and workout to count. I want to ride with an organized pack. So next week will be the week.

I continue to enjoy my runs. Seems they are a bit more enjoyable here lately. I am feeling strong, focused, and healthy. Mentally I feel tapped in. That is a good thing!! Last night I had a trainer ride and then quickly transitioned into my run. Legs felt great. I was a bit worried about the mild case of shin splints but it was not a factor at all. Seems the icing has worked like a charm.

Tonight I will get my 6 miles in and then take tomorrow off. Saturday we are joining our local YMCA for a cycle event. I am choosing the 60 mile route. This will be my longest ride for this year so far. Going more for the endurance focus rather than pace. Will also plan and take in the right level of fluids and fuel while in motion. Something I need more practice on.

Report will follow on Sunday. :))
Robin

Side Note: Thanks Shannon for hooking this girl up with 3 trainer workouts with kickin music to boot. You rock girl!!!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm glad to hear your training is going so well. Have a great weekend!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Glad the shins aren't bothering you! You're doing so well in your training, keep it going girl! Looking forward to the report ;)

Wes said...

You need to be challenged in your training! That's how we get better. I sometimes ponder the lack of this since I mostly train solo...

Runner Mom said...

You only want to ride so Cheri and I won't have to wait for you on the mountain this Saturday!!! Heehee! You and Scott have fun and be safe out there! I'll be on the lookout for bears!

Hugs,
Susan

Marlene said...

One of the best things about training in a group is being challenged to push harder... moving up a pace ground sounds like a great idea!

Enjoy your run and ride. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Marcy said...

Wowzers! 60 miles?!? Dang girl you're turning into a regular cycle queen! Good luck!

Judi said...

your training is going great! i hear compression socks for the shin spints help too.

Felice Devine said...

Rock on! It sounds like your doing great with the training. Enjoy your weekend!

Shannon said...

No YOU rock! I'm glad your enjoying it. It looks like B2B training is going well. Shake the shin splints off, your body is just working the brick in.

"don't puss out, push through" :)

Kevin said...

glad to hear the training is going well

Unknown said...

Ya know, you could ride with a 40 lb vest on.....

awesome training.

I Run for Fun said...

Have a great ride. You are going so strong!

Anonymous said...

Wish you a great ride this weekend. Can't wait for your report.

Anne said...

Sounds like more than the weather has a spring in her step. Mind if I borrow some of that great training mojo?!

(And thanks for stopping by!)

Jason The Running Man said...

Hey hey! How are you guys?

Sherry said...

I totally feel you regarding your training ride. Kudos for deciding to move up a pace group... you will feel like a rock star afterwards. I'm a bit 'bike shy' and would rather stay in a comfy-cozy place on the bike... which is why it's a MUST that I ride with people who are faster than I am. I totally need that push as well. :o)

Wishing you another terrific training week!!!

Cheri said...

Glad to see your doing so well with your training. Can't wait to get you back on the trails. We need someone to help us look out for coyotes!!! What's going on with B2B?
Happy trails

J~Mom said...

YAY for great training!! Feels so good!!

Stuart said...

Nice job, sounds like you're on a roll!