Wednesday, January 30, 2013

PR to Kick the Year OFF!!

When I skid into the last tri race of the season last year with major burn out I knew I needed to switch things up so I set my sights on reaching a new Half Marathon PR.  It was nice to focus on something fresh and really put some life back into my drive.

Fast forward to race day.....



I toed the line of the Charleston Half Marathon.  Perfect race day temps of 45 degrees. The wind would be a factor later in the race but not so much at the start.

Mile 1-3
I was very mindful not to start out to fast.  The 1:45 pace group slowly paced me and for a second I thought about trying to hang.  No...stick with the plan.

Mile 4 - 7
Taking my nutrition as planned I plugged away. At mile 6 my music crapped out and for a minute I panicked.  I knew the demons would come out to play and I would have to drown them out.

Mile 8 - 11
I realized at this point that if I could stay on target I would pass my original target.  Focus... spit... nutrition... keep moving forward.

Mile 12 - 13.1
As the 19mph wind gust bacame a factor I knew that I was entering the pain cave.  I would be deep in this the last mile and even questioned how my legs were moving forward.

Finish line - 1:48:56!!!!!

Only my Rev3 Teammates know my SECRECT to how you guarantee a race PR!!  #YUMYUM

BIG REV3 Team and Racing line up coming up next.  This year has started off with a BANG!

Robin

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Congrats on the 4-min PR!! ... among other things ;)

Chloe said...

Yeah! Conrats congrats on the PR! What a great way to start off the season!

Unknown said...

YAY! Congrats girl... that's an awesome race!

Kevin said...

Congrats on the new PR