Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to The Pool

Last October I slid into a huge case of BURN OUT!  I stretched my race season way too long and even though I thought I could push through it I could not.  So as a result I took some time off, mixed things up, and began a new focus on reaching a new Half Marathon PR.  Race if a week from this Saturday (1/19).  

So for two months I ran and did continue to ride some.  Skipped some ride days here and there but did not swim one single stroke.  The time away from the pool was enjoyed and somewhat missed.  As January arrived I dove right back in and was pleasantly surprised at how excited I was to be moving in the water again.

So far I have hit an 1800, 2400, and 2800 meter swim.  Not bad for jumping right back in.  I am not at all focused on the time of my sets.  There is plenty of time for that. :)

On the food front.... my new obsession...KALE CHIPS!  *note - your body will let you know when you have eaten too much. LOL!


Robin 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jumping into the pool again is a great feeling!! Good for you!

Your Kale chips look WAY better than mine ever did!!

:)

Jamie said...

Yes. Kale farts are the WORST. The are delicious, but were banned from the Bull house.

Stuart said...

Tried em...hate em!