Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend!! I was attending a “Becoming an Outdoor Woman” retreat with my sister and several of her friends. For most anyone that knows me would say that I am already a big fan of the outdoors so this weekend was going to be a challenge of just having fun. The High Ropes course was by far the best event I was part of and took me 100% out of comfort zone. I loved it!! Mountain biking was great but we only did 1 mile of trails. Our instructor was not very prepared and after about 30 minutes into the class he pretty much handed it over to me. I adjusted the bikes, went over some safety tips, and lead our group on a short ride in the country. After arriving back to camp I ended the class with a nice cool down stretch and had so much fun. Our instructor even seemed to enjoy it. The Director of the program approached me and asked if I would come back in the Fall and help with the next workshop. Absolutely!!

After arriving home Sunday afternoon I took a nap and then hit the roads for a run. I needed it and loved it. Since it was already 7pm I knew that I had just enough time to get a decent distance in before dark. Basically I am not a fan of out and back runs but this one last nice was pleasantly nice and I really felt good overall with just a little aching in both of my knees. Not bad but was enough that I knew it was there. Finished at 8.5 miles at an average 9:18 pace. Had thought about continuing to run until I spotted my husband out in the car looking for me. Isn’t it great to have someone who supports you and worries about you. I then realized that I wanted to head home. Not having spent much time with my family made me miss them and I quickened my pace for the last mile.

Should have picture very soon. I did not take my good camera but I will have some sent to me that was taken during the weekend.

Already looking forward to my run today. Would love a repeat of last night.

Run Happy!
Robin

5 comments:

David said...

Sounds like you had a blast, and I'm glad your Thursday issues didn't impede your weekend. And no injuries from all your adventure sports to keep you from running!

Marcy said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!!! LMAO, not every day you go to a retreat and get offered a job, huh? You're just good like that ;)

Sounds like a great run too!!! I'm so glad that things are on the up and up with the runs, guess you just needed a little break :)

Can't wait to see some pics!!

Unknown said...

So you went to have a good time and ended up taking over the place, huh? Sounds like you had fun anyway.

Great job on the run!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Sounds like a great weekend..and maybe a part-time job from it as well....way to go...and a very good run to cap it all off.

Mendy said...

Great run, and pace, Robin! Sounds like a blast. Glad you're back and home with hubby! I know he is glad you're back, too. :-)