Monday, December 31, 2007

Holiday Wrap Up

What a great holiday!! Christmas was one of the best and our spontaneous trip to DC was fantastic. Our oldest son had to work so he was not able to join us. The sites were wonderful and I had such an enjoyable run the last morning we were there. I set the alarm and was running by 7:45am from one monument to the other taking pictures with my camera phone. I would share those but I look like a freak in all of them. It was not good. At 9am I met the family at Starbucks and had a dreamy coffee before showering and hitting some sites before heading home.

Yesterday it rained cats and dogs the entire day. Now I am a girl who loves a good run in the rain but not in the winter cold temps. So after much delay I heading to the gym to tackle the 18 miles on the treadmill. I am here to tell you that you have to take your mind others places if this plan is ever going to work. After 2:45 (9:11 pace) I completed the run with only one mishap..... I fell off the treadmill at mile 9. With a bruised ego I called my husband, laughed a lot and hit the treadmill to complete the run. Overall it was good. Hills for 7 miles and flats for 11 miles would make up the run. I hope this will be the one and only time I will need to do this. Looking forward to the trails next Saturday!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Robin

14 comments:

Wes said...

18 miles on a treadmill #@$%&*!! Happy New Years :-)

Stuart said...

Wow and i thought my 15 miles on the 'mill was good! You're right about taking you're mind elsewhere...now where was I???

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Phil said...

As someone who has fallen off a tread mill on a long run, I feel your pain and bruised ego.

Have a great New Year!

Nancy said...

I fell off once in a room full of people at the Y. Hope you are okay.

I'm still freaking at the age of your sons. I'd have sworn you were about 25. :D

Happy New Year. Glad you had a fun trip!

zanne said...

OMG!!!!???? 18 miles on a treadmill???? that is pure insanity. don't know how you do it!!!

happy new year crazy girl!! looking forward to reading more about your adventures in 2008!!!

David said...

Happy New Year to all of you guys, Robin. Sounds like a cool trip, but that dreadmill run was insane. That's a long, long, long time on the hampster wheel. Good for you, I'm impressed!

Mendy said...

Wow! I can't imagine. 18 miles on a treadmill. That's, uhhh... good, I guess. Really, that shows your determination. Great!!

What a fantastic trip it sounds like. When ya'll get back, we'll get together soon, k. Happy New Year!!!

J~Mom said...

Sounds like a great run in DC! It would be fun to see new sites! Great job on the treadmill! Happy New Year!

Marcy said...

Wow!!! an 18 miler on the TM!! You're insane ;-) HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICA!!!

RunBubbaRun said...

That's pretty good running on a treadmill, I can only manage 10 so far on it.. Great job..

Happy Year, hopefully that had a little snolw out there for you to see.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Happy New Year Robin to u and ur Family...love the numbers post below and look forward to following ur journey in 08'

Dana said...

Glad 2 know you had fun in D.C. And I COMPLETELY agree about not running in the cold rain. 19miles on the mill? You are my running goddess!

jen said...

Happy New Year!

Great job on the insanely long treadmill run. You are awesome!! Hey, since you fell it made it more like a trail run, I guess. :P

Lori said...

Ummm, you ran another 9 AFTER falling???? I would have been scarred for life! I am so impressed and the DC run sounds awesome!