Friday, January 11, 2008

I Feel Special

Today a FedEx arrived from a fellow blogger, Linda with a treat for me.  A true act of kindness. Over several months we have blogged back and forth sharing encouragement and cheering each other on along the way.  That is truly what makes this blog world so fantastic.  We may not have the same goals, run the same distances, or paces but we all cheer each other on and share knowledge  along the way.

So I arrive home following my long trail run for the week.... there is was .....  When my son called to inform me that a FedEx had arrived for me I was about to die to open it.  A treat...a surprise... I was so excited. Want to know what the box contained?.....

Beautifully wrapped chocolates.... lots of them.... truffles....caramels...they are just pieces of art work.  Don't even get me started on how great they taste.  Let me just say that I am lucky that I just completed my long run for the week because I have enjoyed several.  You can tell it is top of the line chocolate.  It is is just heaven.

Linda - Your act of true kindness is only a reminder of how I need to take the time to brighten another person day just as you have mine.  It truly only takes a moment to let others know that they are special but the feeling of this lasts far longer.  Thank you so much!!!  You are a sweet person to think of me!!!

Happy Trails my blog friends!
Robin

11 comments:

Stuart said...

It's post like these that always bring a smile to my face, thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

You've been tagged!

Chris said...

Very Cool! I'm continually amazed and encouraged by the cool people/friends that I meet and make via blogging!

Very cool! :-)

Have a Great Sunday

Overpronator said...

Heehee ... you are quite welcome ... and I should really thank you in return. It was an absolute joy going chocolate shopping for you!

And your entry has been reciprocated ;-p
http://overpronator.blogspot.com/2008/01/chocolatey-moment-to-share.html#links

runningtwig said...

That is pretty cool. I love being a part of this blogging community!

I can't believe you still haven't heard from the RD at SJ. I haven't planned my races that far in advance, but I know my husband and some others think they have a score to settle there. So we'll see! Happy running!

Greg On the Run said...

That's awesome. Added you to my blogroll.

RunBubbaRun said...

Chocolate after a long run, you can never beat that..

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Very Nice but I never tried chocolate before ummm so if want to mail me some I will try it and see how it tastes :-)

tyvm

Dana said...

We have such a great community of bloggers here considering the fact that some of us have never met. Always cool to get an unexpected but pleasant surprise in the mail!

RunToTheFinish said...

awe that is awesome. I know every once in awhile I remember what it feels like when some one does some random thing and I try to pay it back.

Nancy said...

Very nice. Bloggers are the best. I've both given and received. I like both!! :D