Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sports Club Crowded These Days

I completely get the setting of new goals and healthy weight loss plans BUT why wait until the New Year to do this.  Sadly more than 50% of these newcomers will drop off by the beginning of March.  This may sound a bit harsh but it sure causes the Sports Club to be so crowded these days.  Do these people not realize I am in training and my first race is in less than 6 weeks :) ?

Anyway, after waiting 15 minutes tonight I was able to knock out my four on the treadmill.  

Stats:
Mile 1 - 9:30
Mile 2 - 9:11
Mile 3 - 8:49
Mile 4 - 8:49

Sine this is considered a recovery week it was nothing to hard but got the run in just the same. Tomorrow I have 8 miles and then I will treat myself to a Yoga class.  I telling you peps this yoga stuff rocks once you get into it.  

Friday I am running my long run on some trails closer to our house.  It will be nice to get this completed early and I am so lucky that my schedule at work is flexible enough to do this from time to time.

As always... Don't Think...Just Run.......

Robin

12 comments:

Wes said...

I guess having a gym crowded with soon to be ex resolution makers is a big incentive to run faster and get as many miles in as you can during "your" time :-)

My Life said...

Oooooh I hear ya - the gym was insane tonight. Can you imagine if a freak thing happened and none of them drop off - gaaaa!! ;)

RunBubbaRun said...

What's kills me more than the crowds, are people on cell phones and people dressed up like they are at a party while trying to workout..

Hopefully the crowds will thin out eventually, Tough waiting for stuff when you really have to workout.

Dana said...

I hear ya on the crowded gym(although it hasn't too bad at mine). Wouldn't it be nice if they could only let those who training for a specific event use the gym & all others would have to wait? Love your last line: "Don't Think..Just Run". May have to steal it for my blog..;-)

Lori said...

My gym is the same way, but unfortunately I feel like one of them, even though I know December just overtook me :P I am also really looking forward to the days getting longer and weather warming up to give me more flexibility and the ability to run at home.

RunToTheFinish said...

Every year part of me says "oh just quit already and give me my space back", but really more this year I'm thinking good for you and you and you and I really hope it sticks..I mean Americans really need to figure out this weight thing.

I agree though about waiting til new years. You can set a goal any time and it's probably easier to meet when you don't have the pressure of it being some big "New Year's" thing.

Marcy said...

I NEVER even thought of that. The gym being crowded after New Years. Makes perfect sense though. Ahhhhh another reason to not have a membership to the gym :P

J~Mom said...

I feel like that right now because I see sooo many people out training for PF Chang's here. I want to know where they are the rest of the year.

Anonymous said...

yoga as a treat?

you rock!

David said...

Yeah, we want to cheer for them, but it's tough when the reality is a clogging up of the gym for a couple of months. And most of the folks should probably just go for a few spirited walks each week long before lifting or going way over the limit.

Do great on the trails tomorrow! Hope the (chilly) weekend is great for you and Scott. See you soon!

Unknown said...

Ah, the January gym surge. I see it every year no matter what gym I belong to. The good news for you is that most of them won't make it past the first of February. It's a sad commentary, but it is the truth. Look at it this way, their membership money helps keep all of these nice gyms in business so that those of us that keep workout out all year have a nice place to train. The other good news is that a few of them will become like us and keep at it. That's encouraging.

Train on!

Greg On the Run said...

I know exactly waht you mean. Between Novemebr and Jan 1, I never was crowded in the pool. And in another week, it won't be crowded again.