Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Winner Is.... part 3



My computer is driving me insane. I am still having internet issues but I have Scott on the task now.

Without further wait the winner for this “Passing It On” is BeachRunner. Hope the book brings you great knowledge and sharpens your running skills even further. The book is in the mail today!!!

Catching Up on some to-do’s …

Product Review - WIN Sports Detergent

I must say that when the company contacted me and sent a bottle by UPS I was more than willing to test it on my growing mean, rank, basket of sweat wear. Overall it left the items with a pleasant clean smell. That I excepted. What I was more thrilled with is that it took out that nasty “pit” smell. Nothing left… until the next workout of course. WORTH THE MONEY and then some if you ask me. It appears that the average cost is $7 a bottle and will do 15 loads of your sweatiest gear. Something I am adding to my list. Click on this link and it will take you to a retailer in your area.

On the training front:

Different week, same workouts. Really enjoyed getting out on the road with Scott twice last week. Still a bit cold when we started out for our Saturday ride (36 degrees) but it did not take long and it felt great. My Sunday run was HARD. I moved my legs workout from Friday to Saturday following the ride and really paid for this mistake on my run. It was hard and my hip flexors where feeling all of the lunges that I had done the night before. Will not repeat this mistake again!!

Later…. :)
Robin

13 comments:

BeachRunner said...

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BeachRunner said...

Thank you Robin. The book will immediately take over the primo position on my bedside table.

Wes said...

anything that cleans the "pit" is a good thing :-)

G-Man said...

If you had to do my workout laundry, you would simply hand over the detergent now...I say this as my running clothes from this morning "brew" in my car until 8pm tonight when they will finally make it home...so throw me into the hat for this week's prize.

Sounds like your training is going well and you are staying focused.

G

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Congrats to BR! Awesome job on the workouts, and I think i'll get some of that detergent too :)

Marlene said...

Congrats Beachy!!!!!!!!

Great job on the workouts, Robin. It's all a learning experience, right?

Runner Mom said...

If you ran that hard, I am GLAD that I couldn't make the run on Sunday!!!

Will this wonderful detergent work on the smell of stinky track and cross country singlets?? A true test...!

Love you,
Susan

FitGirl said...

WIN is great for track singlets since most of them are made with microfiber fabric. Give it a go!

CTBamaFan said...

Win worked pretty well for me too. I have also had really good luck using OxyClean.

Anonymous said...

Computer problems> That sucks!

Shannon said...

Lunges.....the root of all evil! This is the second or third review I've seen on WIN, interesting detergent.

teacherwoman said...

Congrats to Beachy! :)

I am soooo going to have to try WIN. Everyone is talking about it and it sounds like a wonderful product! Thanks for the review!

I Run for Fun said...

Great job on the workout!