Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not So IDLE

For the past few years I have really stuck close to making this a blog about running, training, and all of the obsessions that come along with this wild journey. Every now and then I will open up a window and share bits of my family, friends, or just non-running stuff in general. That is this post…..

It has been more than 4 months that Scott has been on the job search. We are not the only ones in this boat so I will not act like we are. For me, it has been a place of idle. You feel that planning for anything too far in advance just does not feel safe. You put new budgets in place (easier than I thought). Mainly you just keep moving forward. Sure we have our up and down days (for me it can involve some drama) but as Scott continually reminds me.. this is only temporary. His strong positive outlook has really helped during this process!!

So that leads me back to fitness…goals…planning. For now I will focus on the two events that I am signed up for in April.

De Tour Red Cell – cycle – 80 miles
Meals on Wheels – cycle – 65 miles

I still have the Beach 2 Battleship Iron event in November in sight. Thankfully I am swimming now and will just continue with the running and cyclying that I already have in place.

I guess what I am saying is that I may not be thrilled with our household income status but the truth is we are doing fine and far more blessed than most. Having the amazing friends and family is a constinst reminder that LIFE IF GOOD!!

Robin

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you guys are feeling. Matt has been out of work for some time now. We just keep saying how rich we are going to feel once we go back to a 2 income household! But, until then, the sacrifices are too bad, plus we have our health which is most important.

Marlene said...

Great attitude, Robin. Hang in there and I hope things improve soon.

teacherwoman said...

I am happy to see you guys are finding the good in such hard times. You both have an awesome attitude.

Unknown said...

You have a great attitide despite the challenges. I think that ultrarunning mindset will pull you through this nicely. No matter how bad things are, if you keep going a little longer, they will probably get better.

jen said...

I also know exactly how you are feeling! Well said. There's a lot to be grateful for besides matieral things. Hang in there. :)

Unknown said...

It is so true that positive attitudes are contagious.

Scott's right. It's just temporary.

Marcy said...

That's what I LOVE about you, chica! You always have the most kick a$$ attitude :-)

Nikemom said...

Make the most of these times as you will always remember them. Someday you will look back and laugh, as long as there is something to laugh about. Good luck with the bike rides. I like the long distances they offer. :D

Ryan said...

Welcome to my world. I look at it this way though, I may not be making as much money as I want...but I have used this time to get fast as hell.

Shannon said...

Life is Good Robin!

Something will happen soon, I'll be praying about the situation.

Wes said...

I admit always having that in the back of my mind. I'm glad you guys are hanging in there!!

Unknown said...

You have a terrific attitude. You have to remind yourself that better days are ahead which is the bloody truth. BTW, I am a newbie to your blog. Terrific blog!

ShirleyPerly said...

Cycling events are so much less costly compared to tris, and you can do them together with your spouse. Good deal on both ends.

And I love our attitude. In tough times, I do think you find out what's really important.