Monday, June 22, 2009

Bring It On...

This will be a BIG week in numbers for me. Bike..bike..baby!!

Tuesday – 35 miles with Greenville Spinners Club

Thursday – 20 miles of intervals with a few hill building climbs

Saturday – 65 miles to Lake with Team and sleep over

Sunday – 65 miles back from Lake with Team … then crash.

Should come in with at least 185 miles. Highest week to date. Weight training will happen this week but I am thinking that no running will take place.

Things have really heated up and with that I have managed to stay super hydrated before, during, and after all of my rides last week. If only I could have a computer in the bathroom at work it would save me on a lot of back and forth trips. No joke!!

I am now moving into week 2 of carving out the sugars and I am thrilled to say that the weekend did not get me. I managed to stay on track and did not have to work extra hard to do so. I did enjoy 2 beers ( the only alcohol I had for the entire week) and had a very small serving of ice cream yesterday. What I am most proud of is passing on fudge brownies and a box of junior mints that Scott bought for me. They are still unopened. The big question would be whether I can tell any difference… YES!! I just feel better in general. Less bloated. Energy is very even. I just might be onto something. :))))

Robin

10 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Holy cow! Look at those numbers! Keep up the great work!

Shannon said...

I'm back to no sugar and leaning out as well. Nice bike work girly! You're the DIVA, not me. ;)

Marlene said...

BIG congrats for staying on track with avoiding sugar. Weekends are such a downfall for me!

Enjoy the mileage this week. Woohoo!

Wes said...

LOL... I was gonna ask what ever happened to Ultra "Gotta Run" :-)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Looks like a great week you'll have, have fun at the sleep over too :) Good for you sticking with the no sugar thing!

Anonymous said...

passing on the junior mints! I love those. Great job staying away from sugar. Have lots of fun riding.

Grey Beard said...

Wow, that's a lot of miles. I'd have to sleep about 16hrs on Monday. [%)

Bring lots of carbs to the lake (I've fallen in love with pasta) for those back-to-back days. Loving the new whole wheat spaghetti for nice, sustained glycogen-building, production of glucose.

The Sunday ride will tell you a lot about your nutrition and recovery. Oh, almost forgot, Raisin Bran is an excellent midnight snack for glycogen building.

Kudos on the hydration. So critical. Impressive effort all around!

ShirleyPerly said...

WOW, look at those numbers!

Great job staying hydrated. It is tough in this heat, for sure. Good luck with all your rides!!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in knowing more about your sugarless diet. Do you also not eat fruit? You have to let us know how it all goes and how you feel without it.

Stuart said...

You got it nailed!