Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snap Out of IT!

I will be the first to say I am just not “feeling” Christmas this year. It is weird and I am trying to snap out of it. If it were not for Scott we would still have it all to tackle. He has done the largest part of it. I took over the task of making my mom’s peanut brittle for the family over 5 years ago and have not even started the first batch. Not even sure if I am. Boy when my family finds this out they will all be disappointed.

I could say it has something to do with the economy but I am not sold on that. If it were up to me I would pack it all up on spend my Christmas morning in DC. I love that place and for a few years we would head there the day following Christmas. Not this year though for several reason.

Don’t get me wrong… I love this time of year…but I am just not feeling it this year. I am trying. This weekend Scott and I are walking in our town parade with the group I rode to Austin, TX with. We are also having some friends and their kids over to decorate cookies. Still…it is what it is.

Guess I am just ready for 2010.

Fitness related:

It has turned COLD here. Tonight we have our local store ride and temps should be in the high 40’s. Surprisingly we have anywhere between 30-40 show each week. Pretty cool!

Running is still moving along. This past Monday I joined up with a group for a Monday night PUB run. There must have been 25 runners at all levels and paces running in our beautiful downtown area. We ended it with a beverage and salad. FUN!! Will be back for more next week.

Robin

10 comments:

Marlene said...

I'm with you on the lack of Christmas spirit this year. I'm more or less boycotting the holiday.... going to the beach with the fam instead, which has left me with zero motivation for baking, shopping, decorating, cards, etc.

Wes said...

Weather sux. A little sunshine will brighten your day and your mood! Send me some CANDY!!! :-)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

it'll be a 'different' Christmas in light of what's happened recently... so I'm definitely not feeling it either...

Judi said...

i am done too. w/ xmas. the holidays just get harder and harder for me to deal with each year.

Anonymous said...

I was in xmas mood in October!!!! Then plans changed and now I just want to new year to start, like you. You HAVE to come to DC!!!! And meet me!!!!

Shannon said...

2010 is gonna be a great year Robin!

Be blessed as 2009 winds down.....

Felice Devine said...

I know what you mean! Bring on 2010!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stuart said...

It's kinda snuck up on us! Course it being 70f outside doesn't help!

Tricia said...

The running group sounds fun! Man, I wish it would get cold here. I think that would help it feel more like Christmas time.