Friday, June 18, 2010

Wrong Again

Every time I say I could not do _______ or I would never like________ I end up proving myself wrong.

Example 1 : Met this girl about a year ago. Right off the bat I thought she was rather rude and just a down right _____ (not so nice person). Fast forward a year and I face the fact that she is really cool. I was wrong. This chic is fun to be around. I actually like her!

Example 2 : Never…never will I look forward to or embrace early A.M. runs. Wrong again. Yesterday I had 8 miles to knock out and with very little effort I was off and running at 5a.m. and guess what… I loved it!! Had to cut the run short so I could get ready and be at work by 7am. So at 4pm I was home and back at it. I even added an extra mile just because :)

Example 3 : I just don’t know that I could fit training for a Ironman in….. well that part I am working on. I want it….badly!

Have a great weekend everyone! Lots of riding, running and some swimming in store. First Tri of the season next weekend. So excited!

Robin

12 comments:

Marlene said...

You continue to exceed your own expectations! You are capable of so much more than you know. Atta girl!!!

Coachhrd said...

All proof that we must keep an "open mind" in life.

Anonymous said...

Never say never. Isn't it all a matter of perfect timing???

Dave said...

Rule #1 for Dave: Never make a decision about a race...while you still feel the pain of the race...ie. Never say "I will never run this again" while your hurting....

Dave said...

btw...I think I may start taking bets on when you complete your first Ironman...people I got even odds on a year or less!...who is in? minimum bet of a $10,000.00. ;-)

Judi said...

im training kind of works itself out. but you do have to say goodbye to your "normal life" for about 9 weeks, until taper. i hope you come do imky with me.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Love this post Robin!! You are amazing. About the IM... I want it, badly, too... but is a lot further off than it is for you. You WILL do it!

Runner Mom said...

Ran this morning and thought about you! Miss you, chickadee!!

Stuart said...

Never did so many wrongs make a right!

Grey Beard said...

Good luck on your Tri. Look forward to the report.

Lindsay said...

Good luck at your First Tri of the season!!! Have a great week :)

JD said...

Good luck on the Tri Robin! Also, I'm sure you're going to have a great time - seems like we're getting a fun road tripping group together! Can't wait for the next one!

jd