Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Life in Sets.....

Yesterday, while I had time to get lost in my own head during a training session, I realized that my life is all about sets.



Example from Tuesday:



Swim


1x100 warm up


8x50 drills


1x100 easy


8x50 speed sets


2x200 moderate pace


4x100 moderate pace


2x200 cool down



Bike – (Trainer)


20 min Gearing Mix (hr zone 2-3)


10x4 min 90rpm (hr low zone 4)


1x10 min 85-90rpm (hr hi zone 4)


Easy Spin



So as you can see everything is in sets. For the most part this keeps my mind very busy. I tend to get bored fast so I love the way the sessions are built.



Today I am attending a Speed Work session with our local Track Club. This will be a first for me and I am very excited about the guidance and structure offered. The plan for tonight was already sent to me in advance.



4 laps (1600 m) easy warm up


1 lap (400 m) speed


2 x 2 laps (800 m) speed


3 laps (1200 m) speed


2 x 1 lap (400 m) speed


6 laps (2400 m) rest intervals


2 laps (800 m) cool-down


Total speed 4000 m (approx.2.5 miles)


Grand total distance 8800 m (approx.5.5 miles)



Everything is always what you make of it. You can either embrace things as a positive or hate the process. I am not a hater!



Wish me luck!


Robin

4 comments:

Matty O said...

I hate the track. I don't care what anyone says, it is evil.

I have found the same thing. Breaking workouts up into smaller attainable goals makes the world of difference.

Good luck tonight! Should be a good workout for your legs!

Matthew Smith said...

Those sets in the pool look like a really nice workout. I may have to steal that one.

Good luck on your track workout. Hopefully it'll be what you're looking for.

Have fun!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am tired from just reading all your swimming, nice job

Marlene said...

I love sets/repeats/intervals - they make the workout fly by!