Monday, October 12, 2009

Planning...again

It is raining today. This should not matter since I have no schedule outdoor exercise to speak of but it does. This past week… in just one week… we lost 2 of our Warriors to Cancer. Both were husbands and fathers and left behind very small children. The rain today keeps my mind on the two woman who are going to have to now be strong for their kids. My heart goes out to them!

I have embraced the TAPER and for once I am not going crazy. This past weekend was filled with a last – long – team – ride to the bakery and back where we enjoyed coffee and sticky buns at the half way point and then finished it off with a cold beer at the end. No hammer fest. Just celebrating the months of training now behind us and the adventure before us. All that is really left is packing, getting extra rest this week, a few short rides, and eating well… really well.

Since it has been forever I will share that last week I RAN TWICE and it felt great. I have had a few runs here and there but have not posted much. Last week my heart and legs absorbed my surroundings and I just did not want to stop. How I have missed it. Once this cycling event is completed I will figure out a way to bring a nice balance together with both again.

Running made me realize that I have yet to plan for my next event, my next goal, my next anything. Since I know the kind of girl I am the search begins. More to come on that.

Robin

12 comments:

Wes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wes said...

Warriors rise. Warriors fall. The legacy they leave behind lasts forever :-(

Unknown said...

Hope the week goes well. With your love of running and now biking, why not duathlons??? :)

Keeping the families of those who lost love ones in my thoughts!

Stuart said...

Not long now, enjoy the taper you've earned it!

Looking forward to the next adventures.

Know that what you do is making a difference!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of those Brave Souls.
Carry on the fight for them.

I know I said it before but, I think it is incredible what you are doing.

Grey Beard said...

My father was such a huge part of my life, I just can't imagine who I would have become if he hadn't been in my life. Kids are very adaptable, but I am so sad for their loss.

For the wives and mothers a very different loss as each relationship makes for a different grief. My sympathy for each one.

Hope you find a worthy new challenge as good goals are such an important aspect of motivation. How about mtn biking the Appalachian Trail?

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about the losses. :( Their strength will be with you during The Big Ride.

ShirleyPerly said...

Very sorry to hear of the loss of 2 warriors to cancer. I'm sure their spirits will be with you on your ride and you'll ride all that much stronger because of that.

Look forward to hearing what you'll be up to next after the ride!

Kevin said...

Im sorry to hear about your losses. Keep them in your heart as you conquer your amazing challenge.

Cant wait to hear about your plans for 2010

Anonymous said...

The two warriors and their familis will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad you had such wonderful runs. Can't wait to see what it next for you...IRONMAN?

Chris said...

Hey Robin.... Just a note to see how you are taking the "taper blues"

Kimberly Rae said...

Girl I say throw in some swimming and mmmm... do a 1/2 IM - that would be one way to get your running and riding, along with some swimming in...