Thursday, February 4, 2010

TIME TRIAL


Getting my Game Face On :)


3 – 2 – 1…were off.

Last night was a first for me. A group of 8 cyclist took on the challenge of an indoor Computrainer Time Trial to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. Four of us were from the team I ride for. Here is the low down…

We arrive to set up, warm up, and then GOGO..GO. The distance would be a 10k all out balls to the wall. Coach uploads the course and I make mental notes in my mind on the rolling hills and climb at the end. At the top of the screen we would also be lined up to show who was in the lead and who would be bringing up the end. So I set my goal….don’t be last!

So we get this countdown and then welcome to a 10k sufferfest. LOL! At one point I thought I was going to throw up because I was sooo hot. I plugged into my music and just gave it everything I had. Some of the climbs would really bring my RPM’s down but I seemed to make up for it in the downhill’s.


Can I tell you how thankful I was for this 10k distance? I placed 5th out of 8. Not really sure how I feel about my outcome. I was hoping to use this as a gauge on any improvements. Scott said that he can totally see where I have gained and went on and on about how proud he is of me and all of the riding. What a great guy!

So this morning I am ready to go again. Hit the workouts and just do all that I can do to prepare for the racing season.


Robin

12 comments:

Dave said...

I digg your motto...."JUST DON'T BE LAST!"

ShirleyPerly said...

GREAT job!!!

I've never ridden on a Computrainer before but have heard great things about training on one, esp. in a group setting. Downhills is usually where I get passed, though, because the god of Gravity does not favor little people. Does the Computrainer account for riders' body weight?

Marlene said...

Congrats on the 10K time trial! You weren't even CLOSE to last!

Good luck on your triple today... all in the evening, now THAT would kill me.

Wes said...

Sounds like fun! in an I'm gonna kick my own ass kind of way :-) I need to do one of these to determine my HR zones and get a baseline.

BTW: the tournament was cancelled this weekend! :-( (in case you didn't get my fb message yet)

Jen said...

Sounds so cool. 5th place is better than last! Keep your chin up!

Judi said...

wooooot! great pictures. you and your teammates look great.

Mike Russell said...

That is a stellar outcome. You should be proud that you did as well as you did! I am sure there were some speedy folks there.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Scott is right, you have come so far, and should be very proud! I've never ridden with a computrainer, but I bet it's great!! Great job Robin!! Love the pics too :)

Bob said...

great workout. You guys look totally pro in those jerseys!

Grey Beard said...

Awesome setup, except I did notice there just weren't enough fans. For an indoor TT I'd need at least a 2-3ft cyclone fan blowing right on me. Reminds me of gym workouts in St Louis, 20 below zero and the gym doors wide open. Mmmmmm :D

Nowhere to hide on a TT. The only thing worse is the 1-hr. It almost killed The Cannibal.

The sore legs may be due to a low cadence. I kinda did my own low-cadence 10k TT last month, and it HURT! Taking the rpms up 12-15 helps the legs a lot, even if it does stress cardio more.

I'm jealous! I'd love to have a go at that ComputerTrainer. Bring it!

Stuart said...

Now that's a game face!

Get it done!

Erica Ortiz said...

OMG. I've been reading your blog for awhile now. Only I never realized that you knew one of my besties--Nikki Z! Small world!