Friday, August 6, 2010

Lube me Up

Not sure where the week went and to be honest with all of this heat all I have wanted to do is SLEEP!



This weekend I have my last Tri of the year (International 1500 meter swim, 24 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). Since my Tri this past Sunday I have fit in zero runs and zero swims. This spells STUPID!! Just going to suck it up and make the best of the event. Last night I attempted to put a wet suit on for the first time in my life EVER. I felt like a whale trying to squeeze into a worms body. Seriously…I was exhausted and just finally gave up...LOL!!! The thought even crossed my mind that maybe if I lubed myself up with Vaseline it might be easier. Oh…and did I mention that I tried this in my house completely dry? I am told that is will be easier if the suit it wet. We will see….


Robin

10 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Good LUCK with the tri and the wet suit!! LOL...

taking a break before your event sometimes works for the best...

Dave said...

The heat is crazy...and I did something so rare this week that I can't remember when the last time I did it...and that "it" is that I actually took 2 days off in a row...whoa...

Wes said...

I always put my suit on dry. If you did a tri last weekend, then rest is what you need! Have fun!!

Scott McMurtrey said...

You'll be nice and rested for this weekend then! :)

Marlene said...

I have seen people wiggling into wetsuits... it does NOT look easy. This may sound crazy, but apparently people spray themselves with cooking spray?!?

Stuart said...

I see you're embracing the nothing new on race day and nothing the week before manta!

Vincent said...

vaseline will actually destroy the neoprene in a wetsuit so you want to avoid that. Cooking spray (Pam) is safe though.

Another tip, use a plastic bag, put it over your feet and they will slip through much easier. Same goes for your hands. Before putting it on your arms make sure it is pulled all the way up to your crotch otherwise the fit will never be right once you put the upper body on.

Also, it will be harder to put on when wet. Put it on when dry, but then go in the water and get water in it. It will shift around and then be good.

Grey Beard said...

Good luck. I think the rest will actually turn out to be the optimal strategy.

Old wakeboarding trick for getting in bindings - use dishwashing detergent. Something advertised as easy on hands is good. Lather up, it acts like grease. Get in the water once on and wash the soap off. Depending on the water, anti-bacterial soap can also be helpful.

Look forward to the race report.

Runner Mom said...

You are just precious!

Thanks for the prayers for Kristi and Dwayne...God was truly in control. Craig has pictures of the car...Robin...no words. Each day is a gift!
Love you!

Bob said...

We expand and contract to some unseen rhythm. I've certainly been there (and still am). Try baby powder.