· Monday called for a swim session. To date our 17 year old son has joined me for every single one. His youth gives him an great advantage in making me work for it. This Monday a friend of his joined us. My son chose one of the shorter sessions that we had when I first started this training. Watching him encourage his friend was a gift to me. Proof that good exercise habits are so important for our kids to see from their parents!
· I just booked my FIRST massage since training started. $35 for one hour. What a deal!
· I am itching like crazy to toe-the-line of an event….any event. All of the scheduled fun does not really start until March with some half marathons, cycle events, Half Iron, and then to finally finish it off with the Ironman. Being patient but I am ready to get some new RACE BLING.
· It is tax time. Praying for a nice refund (or just not to owe any money). I have vested interest this year since I would like some of it to pay my way to some of the out-of-town races. Scott normally has to beg me for help in getting receipts and stuff together. Not this year! Just added up over $1200 in cash donations alone to different organizations last year. Had no idea! Hope this helps us.
· Some new things in the workout mix this week is a track workout Friday afternoon. That will be a change. Crazy – but yes I am looking forward to it. Also, Saturday will be my first swim distance over 2000. A few sets have a dash of speed added for fun. Other than that just a lot of the same. LOVE the layout of the training so far. Fitting in my life just fine.
· Today I received the offer of free entry to the Boston Marathon 2012. Unless I earn it I will have to pass this one. For fun I looked up what I would need to qualify – 3:45. This may just be my next goal following the Ironman. We will see. :)
Keep moving forward everyone.