Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inside - Out

Months ago, when I began all of this training,  I remember reviewing the week ahead over and over as if to memorize it.  I loved knowing what was ahead of me and I still do.  Strangely though I seem to let the days and training session slip up on me and I have found myself reviewing only what I have for the day I am in.

Tuesday Coach had me doing a trainer session with a 30 minute run.  No problem since I love the trainer time and it keeps me out of the baking sun.  So I gather all of my things and start right into the warm-up.  It is at this point that I am “really” focusing on what he has in store for me.  Let’s just say that he turned my legs inside out and I was crying “mercy” before it was all over!  How in the world I was even able to run following was also pretty amazing.  In fact, the run felt good from the beginning and very much in control throughout.  SCORE!!!

Now what other suffering/magic does coach have in store for my last BIG training week?  Heading to review the plan (again)now……

Robin

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Ha! Love the sweaty foot prints!

I'm thinking with the load of your weekly workouts, I'd only be able to handle knowing one at a time!!

Matthew Smith said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with soaked feet after a run. I've had to switch up my socks so as not to get blisters and have pain the whole time. Good work on your training!

Unknown said...

You are kicking butt... keep going strong. Taper is right around the corner!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Your are a rockstar!!